Friday 21 June 2013

POST 5: DREAMS

DREAMS

“I have a dream...” This is something I have heard many times in my life: these were the words that Martin Luther King repeated in his famous speech for racial equality back in 1963,  they were the words that Abba used to sing on every radio station when I was a university student, and they are the words people say when they talk about a recurring dream (“I have a dream that repeats over and over  again...” ).
This week you have chosen to talk about both kind of dreams, those you have when you are sleeping and those that come to your mind when you are awake .

Here are some questions to guide you to write your post.

1) What are dreams? Are dreams messages sent from our unconscious, predictions of the future, or what?
2) Do you usually remember your dreams? Do you usually dream in black and white or in color? Can you tell us about a recurring dream you have or the nicest dream that you can remember?
3) Do you ever daydream? Do you think you can achieve your dreams or  do you think that having dreams and aspirations is a waste of time?
4) If you had lots of money or political power what would you do with it?  What is your dream for the future?

Please read my sample post and make sure to leave a comment on 3 of your classmates’  posts and to write 160 words.

Dreams, dreams, dreams…

 “I’m dreaming my life away…” went a song that I used to listen to when I was a child. To me dreams are mainly representations of my hopes and fears, and also answers to my questions. So I pay a lot of attention to my dreams.
My dreams are usually very colourful and very well defined, sometimes they are  like short stories or films with characters, costumes, and  a plot. I rarely have black and white dreams, -unless my dream is about a silent movie!
I used to daydream a lot when I was younger, I used to spend hours thinking about the things I wanted to have, the places I wanted to visit, and the things I wanted to do. I think daydreaming is not a bad thing, provided that you start planning and begin doing things to make your dreams come true. The formula “dream + action”  has proved very useful to me.
If I had millions of dollars I would visit more places and buy beautiful things for me and people I love, but I would also help people to refurbish their houses so that they could improve their living conditions and I would run high-quality schools in poverty-striken zones with really committed teachers to help breach the gap between rich and poor people in our country –to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment